A New Painting Started: “Luck”



I made the small color sketch two nights ago for my new painting “Luck.” I came home from school today at 4:30 pm. I took off my top coat and hat, but left my scarves on (it’s -32 here in Fairbanks today) and sat down at my drawing table. I drew the full size sketch. I did not stop drawing for almost 4 hours. It just fell out of me and onto the page. I read that a journal familiar to me had a call for art and poetry submissions specific to the theme Luck. When I read that four letter word I saw this painting instantly in my mind. I am very busy with teaching till next week. I will start painting it then. I know the colors already. I have a joy for this new work.




I turned the painting and this is how it will be framed once painted:


⚓ ⚓ ⚓

Comments

Popular Posts