Exciting Literary News


I received a lovely email from Pam Simmons, the President of Alaska Women Speak journal this morning. After reviewing my submitted resume and discussing it with some of the board members who are each very familiar with both my poetry and artwork, she gleefully informed me that I will begin occupying the position of Prose Editor for the journal this May. I will be introduced to the board via Zoom in the next few weeks.

It is a volunteer position working alongside the other AWS staff  (per phone calls, emails and Zoom) editing their four yearly editions. I will learn so much, renew old editing skills and read the submitted work by new and seasoned women writers across Alaska. Too, I might hop into Anchorage now and again for AWS events and celebrations.

I am so jazzed! And yes, I asked if I may still submit my own work and was giving an enthusiastic yes! 

Here is part of the email I received confirming my acceptance as incoming Prose Editor:

“Thanks again for offering your time and skill to Alaska Women Speak. I hope you’ll enjoy being part of our team of awesome women.” 

I definitely will!

⚓ 

Comments

Popular Posts