The Galley For My Page In The Upcoming Book, “Blue” Has Arrived.


Susan Slocum Dyer ©

Last night, I received via email the galley for my artwork and 100 word essay which will be published on page 58 in the upcoming hard cover anthology, “Blue,” out of San Francisco, California.

My painting is being published in black and white. I knew that it would be. Their budget afforded them six color images. There are about 100 artists included in the book. 93 other artists agree to have their art published in black and white, and so did I. 

Too, the publishing house gave me permission to submit the original, color version for publications to other journals without needing to gain permission from them first. They are a small press and I am an independent artist ~ it’s lovely that we are advocating for each other.

I think it looks great! Two goals knocked out of the park for this year - get my art published in a book. Get published in a book outside of Alaska. But hey…I love you, Alaska.


Comments

Popular Posts